Subject: Re: Lightwave convenience
From: [email-masked] (Gonzalo Garramuno)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:59:47 -0800

At 5:26 AM on 30 Jan 96, Adrian Onsen - Asng/F94 said:
 
AOA> What Lightwave supports at the moment, is the ability to accept
AOA> simple mathematical equations for defining a point, or a rotation
AOA> angle.  What the plugin Gonzalo was referring to is something which 
AOA> can
AOA> relate the motion of one object to another by a mathematica means. 
AOA> For
AOA> example, you tell your tire object to rotate, as the body of the car
AOA> moves, and the wheel will produce a realistic rotation depending on
AOA> speed and distance of the body of the car. And I think it also lets 
AOA> you
AOA> mathematically define paths( ie. have a pash to the shape of a sin
AOA> curve.)
 
That's exactly what I meant.  Even better, if you had enough control, you
could for example add what some people here are asking for: a user
interface for controlling depth of field.  With expressions, just create 
a ball, and make an expression so that the ball controls the camera depth
of field. Voila! Not the best thing, but then you do not have to wait
a year for Allen to finish it adding that into LW or for someone to
develop a new plug-in.
 
Anyway... who sent that post?  Are you reading?  Is that the type of
plug-in you are working at?
 
And regarding BPL... is this some sort of ARexx for PCs?  or something
better or completely different?
 
Gonzalo Garramuno
ggarramunosicoar1.sicoar.com
Buenos Aires, Argentina